KPL is committed to the right to privacy, including increasing the control individuals have over their personal information. Our June 30, 2023 privacy statement demonstrates this commitment by outlining in more detail how your personal information is collected, used and shared KPL.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how KPL collects, uses, shares, or otherwise processes personal information in its day-to-day operations.
Privacy Statement Highlights
- Our Data Privacy Principles. KPL is committed to your right to privacy. We follow these eight principles when processing your personal information: Transparency, Individual Participation, Purpose Specification, Data Minimization, Use Limitation, Data Quality and Integrity, Security, and Accountability.
- Personal Information We Collect. KPL collects and stewards personal information about you through a variety of methods, including through direct collection (e.g., through a web form you submit or purchases you make using the website), and through automated data collection (e.g., through technologies to understand how people navigate our websites).
- Why We Use Your Information. KPL uses your personal information to fulfill orders and to supply you with information about our products and your order(s).
- With Whom and How We Share Your Information. KPL shares your personal information with our service providers who help us carry out business activities, business partners, and other third parties as required or permitted by law.
- Your Choices and Rights. KPL offers choices on how we process your information. You can let us know how you want us to communicate with you, correct your information, ask us to tell you about the information we have about you, and ask us to delete or stop using your information in certain ways.
Personal Information We Collect
KPL collects and stewards your personal information through a variety of methods. This section outlines what information we collect and how we collect it.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
This includes information you explicitly take steps to share with KPL. This may be through online forms, order submission, or even over the phone when you call KPL. Through these processes, you may share the following categories of information:
- Contact. For example, email address, postal address, or telephone number.
- Interaction. For example, purchases, purchase history, comments and reviews, etc.
- Preferences. For example, your preferred method(s) of communication.
- Transaction. For example, credit or debit card details that you provide in order to make a purchase of KPL merchandise.
- User-created content. For example, photos you submit in reviews or in other web forms. This also includes videos, audio, and other information you may submit to us.
- Other. Any other information you choose to provide, including sensitive personal information.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
KPL and our authorized third parties may use technologies to automatically receive and record information when you interact with us online on our websites (“Sites”) and/or through other digital technologies, such as email platforms, mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement, or over the phone (altogether, “Digital Services”). These technologies allow KPL to improve our Digital Services, create a better experience for our users, and protect against fraud.
These technologies may include cookies, which refer to small files placed on your browser that can be used to uniquely identify you and record information about the websites you visit, and other technologies (such as web beacons, clear gifs, and single-pixel gifs) that use embedded code in our Digital Services to record details about your use of those Digital Services, for example, whether you opened an email or clicked on a link.
These technologies may be placed by us or by other entities we authorize. We only authorize third parties to place these technologies if those authorized third parties abide by Shopify’s privacy regulations.
KPL and our authorized third parties may automatically collect the following categories of information:
- Contact. For example, your email address or telephone number.
- Device identifiers. For example, your phone model, phone carrier browser version, or operating system you use to browse our Sites.
- IP address or information that could be derived from it. For example, your approximate geolocation.
- Interaction. For example, the content you click on or view, the amount of time you spend on our Sites, or the referring URL.
PROCESSING ACTIVITIES AND USES
There is not a “one-size fits all” approach to how we process and use personal information at KPL. KPL strives for transparency about what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Order processing and fulfillment: To create and manage your orders we create a profile including information needed to process commercial transactions. Your profile may include: Accounts may be created for our online store.
Broadcast updates and communicate with you: To keep you informed on company products and updates, and in response to inquiries made by you. This can be through direct mail, email, phone calls, and text messages and includes any of our marketing lists you subscribe to.
Conduct research and analyze information to improve the effectiveness of recommendations made when you visit our site: To ensure you receive the most relevant recommendations we use personal information to model your experience in browsing the site.
Process Payments & Prevent fraud: To protect KPL against fraudulent actors making payments through our Sites we may utilize contact information, device identifiers, interaction characteristics, IP addresses, payment method and the like.
Serve and improve targeted advertising: To deliver advertising to people who are likely to be interested in our products and services we may use aggregated ad performance data like views, click, and conversions.
*Special Circumstance: In some instances, we may collect and/or use your personal information in ways not described in this chart. In those instances, we will describe how we will use or share your personal information at the point of collection.
How We Protect Your Information
KPL has taken physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard the information we collect. We work to keep your data safe and protect against unauthorized access to, and improper use of, personal information we collect online.
- Physical measures. For example, your personal information, such as your name and address, is stored on servers subject to physical security safeguards.
- Technical measures. For example, data transmitted to and from our Sites, including credit card numbers, are encrypted in transit.
- Administrative measures. For example, we have established privacy and security policies and procedures to limit access to personal information.
With Whom and How We Share Your Information
This section provides additional information on how we share your personal information with our Affiliates, service providers, and other third parties.
We share personal information with your consent, when you direct us to share it with others, as necessary to complete your transactions, or to provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide credit card information to make a donation, we will share that data with payment card processors and other entities as necessary for the processing of your payment and to prevent or detect fraud.
We also share personal information with the following types of other parties:
We work with a variety of service providers who help us process your personal information such as to facilitate the operation of our Sites; support our marketing, communications, and messaging programs; and deliver messages to you on other platforms.
We require these service providers to agree to take reasonable security measures in the handling and storage of that information. When we share personal information about you with a service provider, we take steps to: (1) transmit it in a secure manner and (2) require the service provider to promise to keep that information confidential and use it only for the purpose of carrying out the activities we have directed them to perform.
We allow some service providers to compile and use certain information related to KPL and/or its supporters’ use of the services for internal purposes, like improving the functionality or security of the services KPL receives from the service provider. In addition, we may also permit service providers to create and use data that has been de-identified for broader business purposes, including sharing aggregated benchmarking data with their business partners and other customers.
- Third-party Advertisers. KPL may display targeted advertisements to you on non-KPL platforms, third-party websites, and social media sites, such as Facebook and Instagram. We target our advertisements to effectively and efficiently reach people who are most likely to be interested in our products and services. In doing so, we may share your personal information with third-party advertisers to serve targeted advertisements to specific individuals (i.e., one-to-one matching), including you, or to display ads to people who are similar to specific individuals (i.e., “look-alikes”) who have engaged with KPL. These practices help us engage in effective operations and enable our teams to communicate more effectively with the public.
WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW OR NECESSARY TO PROTECT KPL OR OTHERS
We may also disclose personal information from or about you to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- Detect, investigate, prevent or otherwise address fraud or privacy issues;
- Operate and maintain the security of our services, including to detect, investigate, prevent, stop, or remediate an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- Protect the rights or property of ourselves, our Affiliates, or others, including by enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies.
Your Choices and Rights
You have a number of choices in relation to your personal information. Further, you may have a legal right to these choices depending on your jurisdiction.
We strive to communicate with you according to your preferences. In some instances, you can update your communication preferences directly through the communication channels where we can contact you, e.g., by texting or replying “STOP” to unsubscribe from automated recurring text messages or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of our emails.
To make updating your communication preferences as easy as possible, we have provided two additional methods:
- Email. Send an e-mail to: KPLsurfaceproducts@gmail.com
- Mail. Send a letter to KPL at 2750 S Preston Rd STE 116162, Celina, TX, 75009
Your Data Choices
You have a number of choices in relation to your personal information. These choices may be offered to you as data subject rights required by law. Data subject rights can differ depending on the state in which you reside and may be subject to legal limitations, but these choices include:
- Opting out: You have the choice to opt out of certain types of data processing activities.
- Targeted Advertising. You have the choice to opt out of targeted advertising.
- Request a report. You have the choice to request access to your personal information. This includes information on what categories of personal information we have collected and steward.
- Request your data. You have the choice to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity.
- Request to correct. You have the choice to request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you.
- Note: If you choose to delete your personal information from our systems, this will also unsubscribe you from all KPL Communications and delete your purchase history with KPL. You may re-subscribe to KPL communications at any time, but this will not restore your past history with KPL.
Submit a Data Choice Request
You may submit a data choice request to us, or you may authorize another party to do so on your behalf using the mechanisms below. To make submitting Data Choice Requests as easy as possible, we have provided the following methods:
- (Recommended) Email. You may submit an opt-out request for targeted advertising or sales of data by emailing KPLsurfaceproducts@gmail.com.
- Phone. You may also request a report, request your data, request to correct, or request to delete your data by calling +1 469 712 4294.
Further notes on making Data Choice Requests:
- Identity Verification. When you or an authorized agent on your behalf make a request, we will confirm your identity. We may reach out to you for additional information to verify your identity beyond what is included in your initial request. Information collected to verify your identity will never be used for any other purpose than to verify your identity to fulfill your request. To preserve privacy and further equity, we are committed to not using biometrics, social security numbers, or commercial credit bureau information as part of our identity verification process.
- Children. If you are under 13, we do not want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child’s information removed.
- Appeals. If you would like to make an appeal related to a Data Choice Request, you may do so by emailing KPLsurfaceproducts@gmail.com.
MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY ONLINE
The internet, generally speaking, is not a private place. As you visit websites, use search engines, and conduct business on the internet, many different companies and organizations are gathering information about your online behavior by collecting information about your searches, visits, and transactions, and then matching that data with other information about you or leveraging algorithms to predict your behavior.
Like most websites, our Sites collect and process a range of information about their visitors to enable functionality and to deliver requested services. In addition to information we automatically collect for our purposes, our Digital Services include links to social media sites, links to other websites operated by third parties, and embedded media (e.g., YouTube videos) that may collect information about you when you choose to interact with them. When you access this content, you are interacting directly with the third parties, whose data collection and other processing activities are governed by their privacy policies, and not by this Statement. When you view embedded media — hosted on other platforms, but viewable through the buttons we provide — you will remain on our Sites but you will be interacting with these third party’s online environment. In these instances, we make clear that you are viewing external content when you click on buttons.
How to Disable Cookies
If you would like to reduce the web data collected about you while browsing the internet, you can purge and disable cookies in your web browser.
For your awareness, our Sites will still work if you disable cookies in your browser. Please note disabling cookies on your browser may impact the operability of other websites you visit and disabling cookies will not disable other technologies (such as web beacons, clear gifs, and single-pixel gifs), which the KPL uses on our Sites to support our operations and the security of our Sites.
“Data Choices” means the choices you have in relation to your personal information. These choices may be offered to you as data subject rights required by law.
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, to a specific human, in a personal capacity. It does not include information that is considered de-identified, anonymous, or aggregated under applicable law or information relating to a person in their employment or professional capacities, including information obtained from or about KPL employees or job applicants looking to work at KPL.
“Processing” of personal information means any operation, or set of operations performed, manually or automatically, on personal information, like collection, use, organization, structuring, storage, transmission, analysis, retrieval, deletion, or modification of personal information.